Sleep is something that many of us struggle with on a daily (or nightly) basis.
We know we should sleep more.
Or maybe we know that we never feel rested and refreshed when we wake up in the morning.
So what do we do about it?
How much sleep do we really need?
And what are some simple strategies we can use to improve the quality of whatever sleep we can get?
In this podcast, I take a deep, PRACTICAL dive into the world of sleep – including the tried-and-true advice I give to every single client and athlete I work with.
Here’s a brief overview of what I covered in this episode:
- Section 1: My sleep story, and why I’m very passionate about helping others with this topic.
- Section 2 (7:05): Sleep Quantity
- How much do you really need?
- Is there any credence to the whole “8 Hours” thing?
- Why you should think in terms of sleep cycles vs. hours of sleep.
- How to map out, plan, and actually get your required amount of sleep each night.
- The Power of Naps, and how to use naps to address your sleep debt.
- Section 3 (15:50): Sleep Quality
- Creating the ideal sleep environment.
- How to actually get a decent nights sleep in a hotel.
- Why hot environments are the absolute worst to sleep in.
- Your pre-sleep routine, and why it’s one of the most critical pieces to your success.
- Section 4 (34:30): Hacks, Tips and Tricks