Darcy Norman is the Director of Performance for Serie A club AS Roma. Prior to his stint with the club, he’s also spent time at Bayern Munich, and won a world cup as the fitness coach for the German National team.
So yeah – in the soccer world, Darcy is a pretty big deal!
In this show, Darcy and I talk about the goals he had going into his time with AS Roma, how he’s evolved and grown as a coach during his time there, and the advice he would give to a coach who aspires to work in Europe.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this week’s show:
- Sponsor: Physical Preparation Summit
- MR’s Monologue: Get Out and Network!
- What Darcy has been up two for the past two years since we recorded our original episode.
- The goals he had when going to AS Roma, and reflections on his success.
- The goals he didn’t accomplish, and how he’d deal with those situations if they came up again.
- What he’s learned over the past two years that have made him a better coach.
- What Darcy feels has been the hardest part of his job over the past two years.
- His greatest accomplishment during his time with AS Roma.
- The advice Darcy would give to an American who wants to move to Europe to coach soccer.
- What Darcy feels are the biggest cultural differences between the various places he’s worked (Italy, Germany, etc.)
- And of course, the always engaging lightning round!
Connect with Darcy