Donnie Maib has been the Head Coach for Athletic Performance for Olympic Sports since 2011. Maib oversees all aspects of athletic performance efforts for all sports at the University of Texas with the exception of Men’s/Women’s Basketball and Football.
I first met Donnie at one of the PLAE summits a few years back, and he was someone I truly enjoyed learning from – not just because of his thoughts on coaching, but on his thoughts with regards to life and perspective as well.
In this show, Donnie and I talk about how a freak injury ended his football career but gave him his start in the world of physical preparation, how he’s evolved over 20+ years from a programming and coaching perspective, and how he’s been lucky enough to win not one but two national championships in his time at Texas.
Donnie is one of those guys that’s just a wealth of experience, and I know you’re going to love this show.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this week’s show:
- Show Intro
- Interview with Donnie
- How a tragic injury got Donnie started in the world of physical preparation.
- How is injury affected and impacted him as a coach.
- Donnie’s coaching philosophy 25 years ago when he started as a football strength and conditioning coach.
- How his philosophy has evolved working with men’s tennis and women’s volleyball players.
- If he were to take over a new position, what he would do differently to get it started on the right path.
- His first gig in the speaking world, and why an epic failure lead to success down the line.
- The BIG Question.
- A fun lightning round where we talk about his career highlight(s), the most impactful book he’s read in the past year, his favorite city to travel to, and what’s next for Donnie Maib.
Connect with Donnie
The Best Protein on the Market Today?
For many years, I simply disregarded the age-old advice of getting liquid protein in either during or after workouts.
Part of this was due to the fact that most had so much crap in them I didn’t want to put them in my body, and others might have been high-quality but tasted absolutely disgusting.
However, if you’re looking for a protein that’s not only high-quality but also tastes amazing, you need to check out Momentous.
I’ve been using Momentous for several months now, and I can tell you it’s hands-down the best tasting protein I’ve ever had. But it’s not just me – I have numerous elite athletes who are very picky with their protein powders, and every one of them raves about how great Momentous protein shakes taste.
And while the taste is amazing, the best part about Momentous is that they’re incredibly transparent with what goes into their product. You never have to worry about a tainted or dirty supplement, as all of their products are NSF and Informed Sport certified.
If you’d like to try Momentous out for yourself, here’s how to do it:
- Head over to LiveMomentous.com/Robertson
- If you want to try a sample, use the code RobertsonSample
- When you’re order to order, use the code Robertson20 to save 20% off your first order!
Regardless of which option you choose, I guarantee once you try Momentous protein shakes, you’ll never go back to anything else!
Please Leave a Review!
As I mentioned in the show, I’d really love to get to 100 5-star reviews of the Physical Preparation Podcast.
If my show has created value for you (either now or in the past), please take 30-seconds out of your day and head over to iTunes and please give the show a 5-star review.
I’d appreciate it more than you know!