Joel is one of my favorite coaches in the business. Whether it’s his extensive knowledge of energy system training, or his preparation of elite mixed-martial artists, this guy knows his stuff!
In this interview, we cover the following:
- Joel’s general background, and how he got into strength and conditioning.
- How Joel originally got started working with mixed martial artists.
- The biggest mistake most fighters make when training in the weight room.
- Why many of us have energy system training all wrong, and why we need aerobic training.
- Why aerobic training does not necessarily equal long, slow duration training. We also discuss briefly the 8 different types of aerobic training.
- Heart rate variability, and how Joel’s BioForce software can help you customize and autoregulate your training.
- The final question – one big mistake Joel has made, and what he’s learned from it over the years.
Leave ‘em below and I’ll do my best to have either myself or Joel answer them!