Jorge Carvajal is a performance coach and consultant who has worked with elite athletes in multiple sports and the tactical world for over twenty five years.
He has trained thousands of athletes, at the University of Florida, the University of Nebraska, the U.S. Olympic training center, along with numerous professional athletes from the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, World Surf League Big Wave Tour surfers, and Tactical Athletes in the Fire Service, Law Enforcement SWAT and SRT, and Military Communities.
In this show, Jorge and I discuss how he built a coaching practice around life, why athletes need to be sold, and some insights into his people first philosophy.
George is just an incredibly interesting guy to talk to, and we have some great back and forth discussions. I really think you’ll enjoy our talk.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this show:
- MR Monologue: Do Your Best Work and Bring Your A Game EVERY Day
- Jorge’s start in physical prep, along with his long and winding road
- His philosophy on training athletes, and how a young coach can go about building their own philosophy
- Why athlete’s (and coaches!) need to be sold on the training process
- What it means to live a life of service, and your true role in our profession
- The advice Jorge would give to young coaches who want to work with pro athletes
- A unique concept: How do you keep a COACH healthy? And is there such a thing as work-life balance in coaching?
- The advice he would give to young coaches listening to this show
- Jorge answers the BIG Question
- A really engaging lightning round where we discuss books, BJJ, surfing, and his career highlight as a coach.
Connect with Jorge