Joel Jamieson and I have been good friends for years, and he’s always someone that I enjoy chatting with. While we’ve done a few podcasts in the past, I really wanted to get him on and dig deep into his current thoughts on conditioning.
In this show, Joel and I talk about how to apply specific conditioning methods like aerobic plyometrics and cardiac power, as well as the biggest changes he’s made to his conditioning programs.
I think this show feels more like a personal conversation than an interview, and there’s about 15-20 minutes in the middle that I feel are pure gold.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this week’s show:
- What is harder to fly – helicopters or planes?
- How getting his ass kicked help him get serious about conditioning.
- The struggles of writing your first conditioning program.
- The biggest mistake Joel has made when it comes to writing conditioning programs.
- Cardiac power – what it is, what it does, and how to train it.
- How aerobic plyometrics can improve not only elasticity but lower extremity resilience as well.
- The biggest change he’s made to his conditioning programs in the last year.
- Joel shares his thoughts on what the next big step is with regards to conditioning programs.
- A modified BIG question.
- And we wrap up with our lightning round where we talk more about helicopters, books, and his new Certified Conditioning Coach course.
How to Connect