Shane Rye is a Vice-President and Co-Founder of Cressey Sports Performance – Florida. Prior to joining the CSP team, he co-founded Athletic Development Performance, a Jupiter-based sports performance facility.
In this show, Shane and I talk a ton about lacrosse training – specifically, the qualities it takes to be successful, the mistakes he’s made training lacrosse players, and why we’re seeing such massive growth in the game.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this show:
- How Shane got started in the world of physical preparation
- An overview of lacrosse, and what specific skills or traits are necessary to be successful.
- Why we’re seeing massive growth in the game of lacrosse across the United States.
- If Shane could build the perfect lacrosse player, what skills or traits would he have?
- His overarching training philosophy when it comes to developing young lacrosse players.
- Conditioning is a huge component of lacrosse, so how does Shane go about developing the aerobic engine necessary to be successful? We discuss.
- What the “strength” section looks like of his training programs, and areas you need to look at and address.
- The advice Shane would give to a young coach who wants to get started training lacrosse players.
- The BIG Question.
- Our always engaging lightning round, where we discuss his partnership with Eric Cressey (and I dig for some dirt!), the books he’s reading right now, his favorite movie of all time, and the mixing of baseball and lacrosse culture at CSP.
Connect with Shane