Buddy Morris is the physical preparation coach for the Arizona Cardinals of the NFL, and is easily one of the most well-read and most knowledgeable coaches I’ve ever met.
Now I’m going to tell you, this is NOT your average interview. In fact, I don’t think Buddy even let me ask a question until we were over an hour in! But sometimes when a guy like Buddy gets going, you just sit back and soak it all in. And I’m telling you, there’s a ton of great information in here.
In this show Buddy talks about how he develops speed with his NFL athletes, the influences he’s had on his career, and much, much more.
Here’s a brief overview of the show:
- Buddy’s opening rant.
- How Buddy goes about developing speed with his athletes (and when he stops his speed sessions!)
- Are Olympic lifts the only way (or even the best way) to create power?
- How the scheduling demands of the NFL have affected how Buddy prepares his athletes.
- The true energy system demands for American football.
- Why Buddy feels he has so few injuries in the weight room with his athletes.
- The physical quality/trait Buddy is really concerned about losing over the course of the competitive season.