Pat Davidson has got to be one of the smartest meatheads I’ve ever met. With a Ph.D. in exercise physiology and a career in strongman, the guy has pushed the limits both physically and mentally.
In this show, Pat and I are going to discuss his diverse athletic background, why he got into education, and what it takes to be a great strongman.
Here’s a brief overview of our show:
- What originally led you Pat to the world of physical preparation.
- Why being a bad student made Pat want to become a teacher at Springfield College.
- The biggest mistakes Pat sees people making when it comes to training.
- How Pat got so darn strong himself!
- The qualities Pat would give if he could build the Ultimate Strongman.
- How he goes about building both strength and endurance in his strongman competitors.
- What Pat would do if he had to take a total newbie and get them prepped to compete in strongman.
- How PRI has influenced Pat’s thinking and training.
- The BIG Question.
- The engaging, exciting, and always awesome lightning round – including Pat’s greatest feat of strength, why he wrote an entire book on mass gainz, and how he warms up to pull heavy deadlifts.
- Rebel Performance – Cloud Atlas Program Design
- Articles on Sam Leahey’s site
- Juggernaut – Neglected Muscles for Strength
- Show Me Strength – How I Coach the Deadlift