Rob Oshinskie is the owner of Victory Sport and Fitness in State College, Pennsylvania. I was originally put on to Rob’s work via our mutual friend and awesome human being Lee Taft, so when Lee gave me the seal of approval I knew I had to get Rob on.
In this show, Rob and I talk about why he’s such a big proponent of single-leg training, his approach and philosophy on force absorption and deceleration, and what really disturbs him about young athlete development.
It takes us a few minutes to get rolling, but I promise the content in this show is gold.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this week’s show:
- How Rob got started in the world of physical preparation.
- His Big Rocks, and the key tenets of his philosophy.
- The biggest mistake he made as a young coach and entrepreneur.
- What Rob feels is the biggest issue with regards to young athlete development today.
- Force absorption and deceleration: Why it’s important, and how he implements it
- How to build a better squat by unlocking the calves.
- The BIG Question.
- A fun lightning round where we discuss his greatest accomplishment as a coach, the books he’s reading right now, and the coach he’d choose to spend a day with.
Connect with Rob
- [email protected]
(Lead Photo Courtesy of Centre Daily)