Tony Gentilcore was one of the co-founders of Cressey Sports Performance and worked there as a coach from 2007-2015. He now runs his own studio in Boston called CORE where he trains athletes and general population clients from all walks of life.
In this show, Tony and I talk about how he programs for the general population, what Bloop Bloop Bloop workouts are, and why you don’t have to open a gym to be considered a legit trainer or coach.
This is a fun and energetic show, and I really think you’re going to enjoy it.
Here’s a brief overview of this week’s show:
- Show Intro
- Great weekend!
- Moving to 4 days in the Trenches
- New Video ==> Build Those Glutes with the Offset Split-Squat
- Another great month for the podcast – THANK YOU!
- Upcoming with Dr. Stuart McGill, Loren Landow, Ramsey Nijem, Rachel Balkovec, and THE Eric Cressey
- Complete Coach Certification recording is THIS WEEKEND – Yikes!
- Deep Thought: Rebuilding the Foundation
- The value in going back and rehashing old stuff to see if it’s still relevant
- Has your model evolved?
- Has your interpretation evolved?
- Interview with Tony
- What’s new with Tony since the last time we chatted.
- His athletic background, and why his baseball career made for a seamless transition to working at Cressey Sports Performance.
- What it was like transitioning from training athletes to the gen pop.
- The differences between being an employee, and being an entrepreneur.
- Why he totally flipped the script and decided to open a gym (even after he swore he wouldn’t!)
- Tony’s unique business model, and why it’s worked so well for him.
- The advice he would give to both a young coach, as well as a young entrepreneur.
- An extended lightning round where we talk training, business ownership, training goals, 90’s hip-hop, Star Wars, and what’s next for Tony G.
Connect with Tony
Other Links Referenced
The Best Protein on the Market Today?
For many years, I simply disregarded the age-old advice of getting liquid protein in either during or after workouts.
Part of this was due to the fact that most had so much crap in them I didn’t want to put them in my body, and others might have been high-quality but tasted absolutely disgusting.
However, if you’re looking for a protein that’s not only high-quality but also tastes amazing, you need to check out Momentous.
I’ve been using Momentous for several months now, and I can tell you it’s hands-down the best tasting protein I’ve ever had. But it’s not just me – I have numerous elite athletes who are very picky with their protein powders, and every one of them raves about how great Momentous protein shakes taste.
And while the taste is amazing, the best part about Momentous is that they’re incredibly transparent with what goes into their product. You never have to worry about a tainted or dirty supplement, as all of their products are NSF and Informed Sport certified.
If you’d like to try Momentous out for yourself, here’s how to do it:
- Head over to LiveMomentous.com/Robertson
- If you want to try a sample, use the code RobertsonSample
- When you’re order to order, use the code Robertson20 to save 20% off your first order!
Regardless of which option you choose, I guarantee once you try Momentous protein shakes, you’ll never go back to anything else!
I Want Your Feedback!
What do you like about the show?
What do you hate?
What can I do to make you download every single episode, and share it with all of your friends in the industry?
Drop me a line at [email protected] and let me know. I’d love to hear from you!