There are more demands than ever on fitness professionals and sports physical preparation specialist to produce results.
Consumers of fitness training services have been overexposed to exaggeration, hyperbole, and embellishment of the amazing results from following the latest fitness program or taking the latest, greatest food supplement. They walk in your door with high expectations of fast and easy results with outcomes like they see on TV and on the Internet having totally ignored the small print at the bottom of the screen that says, “results are not typical.” The fat-loss industry alone is a multi-billion dollar industry that is failing miserably as the country gets fatter every year.
Athletes and parents of athletes seek out sport performance facilities and coaches who promise that they or their children will run faster, jump higher, and throw harder just like their favorite sports stars. Unfortunately, many leave disappointed by the cookie-cutter speed camps, ridiculous vertical jump courses, and group training classes that are promoted as “sports performance enhancement training programs.”
When you consider the broad variation in the difference amongst your clients in regard to gender, biological age, physiological age, training experience, skill level, performance level, and movement capabilities, it’s no wonder that generalized programming rarely works. There are always exceptional clients and athletes who will make observable gains from any training program or make progress in spite of their program. You’re probably familiar with coaches and trainers who have made careers out of using their one shining example of a successful or famous client as a demonstration of their programming prowess.
The truth is that they got lucky. They were fortunate enough to find that special athlete or client that responds favorably to their pre-established, one-size-fits-all programming or their client was destined to stardom because of his or her genetics. If it were a result of their abilities as fitness or sports training professional, they’d be more than a one-trick pony.
Your goal as a fitness or sports training professional is to successfully produce consistent and desired gains across a broad spectrum of clients and athletes based on their individual needs relative to their goals or sporting demands.
OR you could merely be someone who trains clients without concern for progress toward their goals or their wellbeing and just hope to get lucky.
Do you really understand the training process?
A successful training program can be simplified to the bare minimums as follows:
- Assess your client’s current status
- Compare your client’s current status to his or her goals
- Train and program to close the gap between current status and goals
To get to point 3, you must know points 1 and 2.
Point 2 is actually the easiest part of the entire process. To acquire information about the client’s goals, one need merely ask the client questions.
Point 1, the client assessment, is the most essential component of the entire training process. It can also be the most confusing.
Without a clear understanding of where the client begins their training process you may as well be throwing darts at a “training programming dart board” with your eyes closed. As the saying goes…
“If you’re not assessing, you’re just guessing!”
Diagnosis Fitness: The IFAST Assessment System is derived from the exact same assessment process we use at our training facility, Indianapolis Fitness and Sports Training (IFAST).
Over the last 12 years, Diagnosis Fitness has been systematized and tested on countless athletes and fitness enthusiasts at IFAST. It has become the foundation of every training decision that we make leading to a reputation across the country as the “go-to” training facility to solve the most complex of training problems for client’s and athletes of all levels.
Our list of successful clients includes professional, collegiate, and high school level athletes in basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, football, soccer, volleyball, track & field, and golf.
Post-rehab clients from coast-to-coast who have yet to reach full functional potential have benefitted from the concepts and testing presented in Diagnosis Fitness to exceed what was considered maximum medical improvement.
General fitness clients who merely want to move and feel better or improve their body composition are finally able to identify and understand the physical limitations that have prevented them from achieving their goals in the past.
What is Diagnosis Fitness?
Diagnosis Fitness is the first module of the IFAST Master Trainer Certification. It is an adaptable, systematic assessment process that determines a client or athlete’s status in regard to:
- Posture and alignment
- Foundational movement
- Energy System Development Status
- Force production status
- Ongoing relationship of physiological development to sport performance
What can you do after attending Diagnosis Fitness?
You will learn the same step-by-step process that we use at IFAST to train the full spectrum of athletes, fitness clients, and post-rehab clients.
After completing Diagnosis Fitness you’ll be able to:
- Understand how each body segment functions under normal conditions
- Understand the five main component of the assessment
- Identify static postural positions and asymmetries and what influences underlie these asymmetries
- Identify normal full-body movements
- Identify “red flags” in full-body movements that are indicative of faulty movement
- Identify segmental motion limitations that influence full-body movements
- Determine whether the limiting factor of movement is a joint problem, a muscle problem, a body position problem, or merely a coordination problem
- How to use our movement algorithms to determine true movement limitations
- Understand situations where stretching will fail to improve joint motion
- How to effectively stretch hip flexors without causing further movement dysfunction, or promoting an injury
- Why you need to stop doing sleeper stretches for shoulders
- Understand the mechanics of a normal breathing pattern
- Understand the mechanics of abnormal breathing patterns
- How to assess a client’s breathing pattern
- Identify the most common breathing pattern disorder
- Understand the influence of breathing pattern on joint position, movement dysfunction, and injuries
- Understand the influence of breathing patterns on blood chemistry, mood, and muscle tension
- Understand the differences between males and females in regard to breathing pattern disorders
- How to identify abdominal muscle imbalances
- Identify the most common joint positional and movement asymmetries
- Understand why joint position must be restored before ever programming a flexibility or strength exercise
- How to identify and lower and upper crossed syndromes
- Understand the most common method to restore joint positions and normal movement
- How to test each of your clients three primary energy system
- How to interpret the results of energy system tests
- How to utilize our energy system algorithms to categorize your clients’ energy systems training for optimal results
- How to utilize strength training to enhance aerobic energy production
- How to improve oxygen and energy delivery to muscles and increase energy uptake in the muscles
- Understand how to qualify your clients for specific movement and performance testing
- How to organize your assessment for client comfort and maximum efficiency
- Perform and interpret the results of the IFAST assessment system
- Better understand how to individualize training program for bigger, better results in less time than ever before
Dates: Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th
Times: 8 am – 5 pm both days
Location: Indianapolis Hilton North
Registration Fee: $997 before March 15th, $1,297 after March 15th
Who should attend Diagnosis Fitness?
Diagnosis Fitness is not for the beginning trainer.
We fully expect attendees to have a strong foundation of functional anatomy and experience in working with a variety of clients. As a Master Trainer level education course, only the most serious of fitness and sports training professionals should attend.
With the knowledge gained at Diagnosis Fitness, you’ll immediately be able to create an additional revenue stream for your business. You will be able to communicate with other non-competing health and fitness professionals to develop a power referral network to increase your bottom line
The Diagnosis Fitness Forum
As a benefit of your attendance at Diagnosis Fitness, you’ll also be eligible for 6 months of free access to the Diagnosis Fitness Forum. You’ll be able to review video of all the lectures and materials as well as interact with IFAST team directly.
Regular updates of procedures, case studies, research reviews, testing algorithms, performance testing methods and techniques, blogs, and articles will be included.
Ongoing education with the IFAST team as well as communication within the Diagnosis Fitness community is essential to keeping your assessment and programming skills on the cutting-edge of performance.
If you’re still not convinced that this is the absolute best seminar of it’s kind, just see what a few of our previous attendees have to say about Diagnosis Fitness!
Early Bird Pricing is $997 through March 15th, 2013.
As of March 16th, the price will increase to the standard $1,297.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Before March 9th – Full Refund
Before March 16th – 75% Refund
Before March 23rd – 50% Refund
Before March 30th – 25% Refund