Kelly Starrett is a physical therapist, coach, speaker, and author of the book Becoming a Supple Leopard. He is also the Founder of Mobility WOD, a fitness program that focuses on giving people the ability to do basic maintenance on themselves through pain elimination, injury prevention, and performance optimization.
Kelly joins me today to share his passion for fitness and the principles he wants other fitness enthusiasts to live by. He describes the story of how he found fitness, his inspirations and the challenges he faced, and why he started Mobility WOD. He explains how the internet has changed things in the fitness industry forever as well as some of its pros and cons. He also shares sage advice on what it takes to establish your own fitness brand and his insight on what the future holds for his business.
“Strength and conditioning is going to be the salvation towards population health.” – Kelly Starrett
This week on The Physical Preparation Podcast:
- The changes the internet brought to the fitness industry.
- Kelly’s story and how he became enthusiastic about strength training.
- The challenges he faced when he was just starting out – and how he beat them.
- How to properly do traditional exercises such as the squat.
- Why he started filming himself doing various exercise movements.
- The programs he used as references for his programs and videos.
- The lessons he has learned in creating fitness and coaching content.
- His advice to fitness enthusiasts who want to have their own brand.
- His daily routine and how he sustains it.
- His career highlights and what we can forward to in the future.
- His favorite comeback stories and how they inspire him.
Kelly Starrett’s Life & Training Advice for Young Athletes:
- Be authentic, be yourself, serve the people you’re serving, and be patient.
- When you see something on the internet, stop having an emotional reaction to it.
- Discipline is freedom, and there’s no substitution for practice.
- You have to be willing to be part of someone’s success to become successful yourself.
- Eric Cressey Indianapolis Shoulder Seminar: November 11, 2018
- IFAST Volleyball Scholarship
- IFAST Beast and Feast Charity Bootcamp
Connect with Kelly Starrett:
Improve Results with The Physical Preparation 101 Training System
Are you a fitness coach or trainer looking for ways to improve the results you deliver to your clients? Want to create consistently better training programs and learn the exact exercises and strategies to improve your clients’ and athletes’ performance?
The Physical Preparation 101 Training System unlocks the secrets to optimizing performance and improving movement through my unique, cutting-edge basic training philosophy.
In this series, you’ll learn:
- The nuts and bolts of program design
- The single-biggest issue you will see related to core exercises and breathing – and how to fix it!
- How to train others to squat safely and effectively – in the first session
- How to stop lower back pain in its tracks through deadlift progression
- And much, much more!
You’ll also receive sample programs and templates to help you build great programs with AMAZING results – consistently.
Are you ready to take your fitness training and coaching programs to the next level? Visit PhysicalPreparation101.com to learn more and get started NOW!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast with Mike Robertson – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes. If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, and SoundCloud and leave your honest review. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit our website. Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media.