Over the last year we’ve had some world-class speed coaches on the show, but Ken Clark brings a unique background to the table. Not only has he coached elite level sprinters, but he’s working in the research world as well to help us better understand speed development.
In this show, Ken and I talk about how he get into the world of physical preparation, his three keys for speed development, and the big mistakes he sees coaches making with regards to their speed programs.
Here’s an overview of what we covered on the show:
- How he got started in the world of physical preparation.
- Ken’s overarching philosophy when it comes to speed development.
- The biggest issues that he sees when it comes to sprint training.
- An insightful look at many of the speed tools that are out there (such as bands, sleds, etc.) along with Ken’s thoughts on when/if they are appropriate.
- The struggles he’s dealt with in regards to the research world.
- Ken’s thoughts on how to best bridge the gap between science and research.
- The BIG question!
- A really solid lightning round, including the fastest athlete he’s ever coached or trained, his best cues for acceleration and top-end speed (these are GOLD), and a discussion on the best hair in the fitness industry.