Mike Snyder is a guy I’ve known for years now, and someone I truly respect as a coach. He’s the physical preparation coach at Trinity High School in Louisville, Kentucky, and someone I think all of us can learn a thing or two from.
In this show, Mike and I talk about how his 3-4 months of selling cell phones made him realize just how much he loved coaching, his roles and duties as a high school physical preparation coach, and his philosophy on young athlete development.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this show:
- What led Mike to the world of physical preparation.
- His career path, including his current job as physical prep coach at Trinity High School in Louisville, KY.
- Mike’s overview on developing the young athlete (and his SECRET program that ensures success).
- The biggest issues he deals with on a day-to-day basis.
- Block Zero – what it is, and why he’s using it with massive success with his entry-level athletes.
- A real question: Does he ever deal with blowback from parents and coaches when it comes to “slow-cooking” athletes? As well as his sales technique that will help any coach who needs better buy-in.
- What led Mike to using Joe Kenn’s Tier System.
- The most recent changes and tweaks Mike has made to his programming and coaching.
- The BIG Question (with a great answer!)
- And finally, the always popular lightning round – where we discuss books he’s reading, his go-to training music, his proudest moment as a coach, and the one piece of advice he’s give to a young coach.
Mike’s Books and Resources