Zac Cupples is a former NBA Physical Therapist and Strength Coach who utilizes a multimodal approach to help individuals become the best version of themselves. He completed his doctoral degree and orthopedic residency at St. Ambrose University.
Zac is currently working both as a traveling Physical Therapist in Page, AZ, and provides movement consultations, mentoring, and online training via his website, zaccupples.com
In this show, Zac and I talk about his transition from pro sports to working in a physical therapy environment, his thoughts on movement variability, and how to dominate life and get more done every single day.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered on this week’s show:
- How Zac got started in the world of physical prep.
- What life is really like in the NBA/D-League, and what it’s like to transition from therapy to performance at the highest level.
- The skills he was comfortable with, and how he grew and evolved to take his coaching skills to the next level.
- Zac’s biggest struggles in pro sports.
- Movement Variability: What it is, and why you probably need more of it.
- What it’s like to transition from the biggest stages in sport, to working in a smaller setting with a more general population.
- How he gets it all done – from working as a mercenary PT, to writing, to public speaking, etc.
- The BIG Question.
- A really fun lightning round where we discuss his pops Daddy-o Bill Hartman, his favorite hip hop groups, why he started the Movement Debrief, and what’s up next for ZCups.
Connect with Zac