Ben Eisenmenger’s passion for training and physical preparation began early in his life, when he started doing workouts from muscle magazines in his basement using his father’s weights.
Much of his inspiration came from his father, who lifted weights despite having cerebral palsy. Ben eventually pursued wellness and training full-time after college and trained for bodybuilding, hardstyle kettlebell, and strongman.
He won Kentucky’s Strongest Man in 2018 at 105kg, West Virginia’s Strongest Man in 2020 at 125kg, and recently placed first in the U.S. Strongman National Championship in the middleweight division.
A dedicated father and husband, Ben considers spending time with his family an important aspect of his life while he trains himself and others in his gym, Be Strong KY.
Ben joins me today to discuss strongman competitions, high-quality training, and life.
He explains how he got started, how he does his training splits, and the specifics of strongman lifting, such as postural demands.
He underscores the importance of training smart and avoiding burnout and the value of training at sub-max levels before a competition.
Ben also highlights how he finds the balance between training and competing at a high level and spending time with family and loved ones.
Be 100% engaged at every moment during the training process, the build-up, and the competition day. That’s the way to win. – Ben Eisenmenger
This week on the Physical Preparation Podcast:
- Ben’s backstory and what led him to the world of physical preparation
- His introduction to coaching people and how his father inspired him to lift weights
- Ben’s first strongman competition and how he transitioned to coaching professionally
- The value of education and competition
- How to get started on strongman lifting
- Basic tools and equipment to get started with strongman lifting
- Postural and movement demands unique to strongman training and competition
- What a typical strongman training program looks like
- The importance of cultivating mental resilience when training for a strongman competition
- Identifying the needs of a strongman event and the difference between general and specific training
- Managing the weeks and days leading up to a strongman competition to ensure you’re in peak condition
- How to stay motivated, disciplined, and balance high-quality training with family time
Connect with Ben:
- Be Strong KY
- Be Strong KY on Facebook
- Be Strong KY on Instagram
- Be Strong KY on Twitter
- Be Strong KY on YouTube
- Email: [email protected]
Stop the Frustration! Get the Complete Coach Certification
Are you a young fitness trainer or coach?
Are you frustrated by the results you’re getting or the lack of resources available to learn the skills you need to be successful?
Are you struggling to get enough clients or wondering how long you’ll be able to follow your passion for helping others?
It’s time to stop the frustration and stop worrying. It’s time to get certified!
If you’re serious about improving your results, serious about becoming a better coach, and serious about increasing your bottom line, then you need the Complete Coach Certification.
In this massive course, you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results
- The exact progressions, regressions, and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between
- The assessment process I use to determine the best exercises for a client or athlete on Day 1, and how to set them up for maximal success down the line!
This massive certification course is jam-packed with everything I’ve learned over the last 20 years of my career.
So if you’re ready to get serious about the results you’re getting for your clients and the impact your programs have on your income, head over to www.completecoachcertification.com to sign up for the Complete Coach Certification course today!
Spots are limited, and the next certification is set to launch in September 2021.
To learn more, please join my FREE Insiders List and stay tuned for our launch details to save $200 when the course opens!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast with Mike Robertson – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Podcasts and leave your honest review. I’d also love to connect via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit our website.
And last but not least, please don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media. Thank you!