Casey Zavaleta is a functional strength coach at All Day Fit, a personal training gym based out of Toronto, Canada. Prior to her time there, Casey also worked for Toronto FC of the MLS, and got a double-major in neuroscience and dance from Indiana University.
I originally crossed paths with Casey a few years back while training her husband, Eriq Zavaleta. She was always great to chat with, and I loved how focused she was on continuing education and becoming a better trainer.
In this show, Casey and I talk about why women “aren’t just tiny men,” how to help your new clients build ownership over their training, the diet culture we’re wrapped up in and how to repair your relationship with food, how she explains stress to her clients and athletes, and why she recently started her own podcast.
This is a really great episode, and one I think you’re going to take a ton of practical information away from.
Here’s an overview of this week’s show:
- Show Intro
- My Birthday
- Summer League
- The Certification!
- Deep Thought: Tell the People You Love You Love Them!
- Interview with Casey:
- How Casey got started in the world of physical preparation.
- How a double major in neuroscience and dance from Indiana University ended up in Toronto.
- The biggest differences between training men and women
- Why people should spend more time focusing on how they want to FEEL, versus how they want to LOOK.
- What a typical session would look like with Casey at All Day Fit.
- “Repairing Your Relationship with Food” – what it means, and why it’s so important for many of our clients and athletes.
- How we can help clients to tune into their bodies.
- Casey’s thoughts on relaying stress to our clients and athletes, and why it’s such a critical piece of the puzzle.
- The BIG Question.
- A really fun lightning round where we talk about pros and cons of being married to a pro soccer player, continuing education, her experience starting her own podcast, and what’s next for Casey Zavaleta.
Complete Coach Certification
It seems like every day I talk to a young trainer or coach who is frustrated.
Frustrated with the results they’re getting.
Frustrated because they don’t have trusted resources to learn from.
And maybe they’re frustrated because they simply don’t have enough clients, and wonder how long they’ll be able to stay in the industry.
So if this sounds anything like you, I’ve got something that I know will help!
My Complete Coach Certification was created for trainers and coaches just like you – who are serious about the results they get, and know that becoming a better coach can directly translate to a bigger bottom line.
This certification is going to take the last 20 years of my life’s work and put it all into one massive course. In it you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes,
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results, and
- The exact progressions, regressions and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between.
Of course there’s a ton more that I cover, but that should give you a pretty good idea of what the certification is all about!
Now here’s the thing – spots for the certification will open twice per year for a limited time only. If you’re interested in learning more, my next certification will launch in September, and if you join my FREE Insiders List, you’ll be able to save $200 when it opens!
If you’re interested in learning more, please head over to CompleteCoachCertification.com to get on the Insider’s List. Thank you!
Sharing is Caring!
If you took something away from this show, please take 30 seconds out of your day to share via email, social or whatever means work best for you.
Thanks so much for your support!