Dr. Matt Jordan bridges the gap between science and coaching. He is a sought-after presenter on return to sport after injury, training program design for elite athletes, and creating interdisciplinary high performance practitioner teams.
Matt’s Ph.D. research focused on return to sport neuromuscular monitoring for athletes with ACL injury, so it only makes sense that we take a deep dive into that world here.
So in this show, Matt and I talk about his legend first mentor – Charles Poliquin, the merits of eccentric strength training, his approach to movement assessment, the biggest mistakes he’s seeing in ACL rehab, and why it’s so critical to start rehab conversations by talking about the DATA – not subjective opinion.
This was an AWESOME episode, and I really think you’re going to love it.
This week on the Physical Preparation Podcast:
- Matt’s start in the world of physical prep, and how his first mentor definitely got him started on the right foot.
- The role of eccentric strength, and why it’s such a critical piece of the puzzle.
- Matt’s assessment process, and why he takes so much time taking athletes through it.
- The story behind Matt’s interest in ACL tears, and the questions he asked himself to get to the next level with regards to rehab.
- Big mistakes he sees in ACL rehab, and why objective DATA is the kind early on in the discussion.
- Indicators and KPI’s for someone coming back successfully from an ACL tear.
- The BIG question.
Connect with Dr. Matt:
Stop the Frustration! Get the Complete Coach Certification
Are you a young fitness trainer or coach?
Are you frustrated by the results you’re getting or the lack of resources available to learn the skills you need to be successful?
Are you struggling to get enough clients or wondering how long you’ll be able to follow your passion for helping others?
It’s time to stop the frustration and stop worrying. It’s time to get certified!
If you’re serious about improving your results, serious about becoming a better coach, and serious about increasing your bottom line, then you need the Complete Coach Certification.
In this massive course, you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results
- The exact progressions, regressions, and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between
- And much, much more
This massive certification course is jam-packed with everything I’ve learned over the last 20 years of my career.
So if you’re ready to get serious about the results you’re getting for your clients and the impact your programs have on your income, head over to www.completecoachcertification.com to sign up for the Complete Coach Certification course today!
Spots are limited. The next certification is set to launch in September 2020.
Join my FREE Insiders List to learn more, stay tuned for our launch details and save $200 when the course opens!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Podcasts and leave your honest review. I’d also love to connect via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit our website.
And last but not least, please don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media. Thank you!