When you first start training in your 20’s or 30’s, it’s easy to assume that everyone you train is just like you.
You know – young, healthy, fit, no previous injury history, etc.
That’s why when you get your first “older” client, it can be quite a shock!
In today’s episode, we break down what you need to know before you take your first senior client. Things like:
- What things do you need to take into account initially,
- How dancing and tai chi can be your power training,
- The role of balance (and how to incorporate it into the program),
- Why strength training is such a critical piece of the puzzle,
- How to modify and adapt exercises to fit every clients’ needs,
- And much more!
Whether you specialize in training seniors, or you’ve got your first one coming in soon, I hope this episode gives you some insights to help you out!
All the best,