Kim Schaper is a holistic wellness coach and certified personal trainer who is passionate about helping women claim their health and wellbeing.
At age 19, Kim developed anorexia, which eventually paved the way to anxiety and depression. She frequented many different treatment centers over the years that followed. When she finally overcame her struggles in her 30s, she made it her mission to turn her life around and help people who are going through the same experiences.
Kim joins me today to discuss women’s health and shares her experiences with overcoming anorexia and anxiety. She explains the differences between men’s and women’s physiological structure and how this can affect a woman’s physical performance.
She shares her insights on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and illustrates the causes and effects of progesterone. And perhaps most importantly, she also describes the three key components that prevent a person from losing weight and achieving overall health.
Women have different components that men don’t have to deal with. We can’t train like men; we’re not ‘little men. – Kim Schaper
This week on the Physical Preparation Podcast:
- Kim’s experience with overcoming anorexia and anxiety
- How Kim started her business from her basement
- Why Kim decided to focus her venture on women’s health
- The effects of the menstrual cycle on physical and training performance
- The importance of paying attention to biofeedback
- Why Kim recommends bioidentical hormones over synthetic ones
- The causes and effects of high progesterone levels
- How a compromised immune system affects weight loss
- The impact of high stress on weight loss and overall health
- Why gut health is more than just probiotics
- The struggles of people with Type A personalities at the gym
- The power of a holistic approach to health
- Kim’s advice to her younger self
- Why women should trust themselves more
Connect with Kim:
- Kim Schaper
- Kim Schaper on Twitter
- Kim Schaper on Facebook
- Kim Schaper on Instagram
- Kim Schaper on Pinterest
- Kim Schaper on YouTube
- Kim Schaper on LinkedIn
Stop the Frustration! Get the Complete Coach Certification
Are you a young fitness trainer or coach? Are you frustrated by the results you’re getting or the lack of resources available to learn the skills you need to be successful? Are you struggling to get enough clients or wondering how long you’ll be able to follow your passion for helping others?
It’s time to stop the frustration and stop worrying. It’s time to get certified!
If you’re serious about improving your results, serious about becoming a better coach, and serious about increasing your bottom line, then you need the Complete Coach Certification.
In this massive course, you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results
- The exact progressions, regressions, and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between
- And much, much more
This certification course is jam-packed with everything I’ve learned over the last 20 years of my career.
So if you’re ready to get serious about the results you’re getting for your clients and the impact your programs have on your income, head over to www.completecoachcertification.com to sign up for the Complete Coach Certification course today!
Spots are limited, and the next certification is set to launch in March 2020.
Join my FREE Insiders List to learn more, stay tuned for our launch details and save $200 when the course opens!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes. If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, and SoundCloud and leave your honest review.