Martin Rooney is a fitness expert, entrepreneur, presenter, and the best-selling author of Coach to Coach.
A child of a physical education teacher and sports coach, Martin has always loved sports and fitness. He later received a track-and-field scholarship and completed his Master of Health Science and Bachelor of Physical Therapy degrees at the Medical University of South Carolina.
After finishing an Olympic career, Martin took his passion further and founded Training for Warriors, a network of over 200 facilities in 20 countries worldwide.
Martin joins me today to share his coaching philosophy.
He illustrates how he started his career in sports and how he pivoted into coaching.
He describes how he has evolved as a coach over the years and underscores a coach’s job as a motivator.
And he also highlights the importance of cultivating a coaching culture, how it can impact a business, as well as discusses his book, Coach to Coach.
You can make motivation last through coaching and finding out what drives a person. Your job is to be this person that lifts people. – Martin Rooney
This week on the Physical Preparation Podcast:
- How Martin fell in love with fitness and sports
- Martin’s beginnings in weightlifting and physical preparation
- The start and evolution of Martin’s coaching career
- Why motivation is the job of a coach
- How to motivate athletes and how to make it last
- The importance of helping athletes find their purpose
- The value of purposefully creating a solid coaching culture
- How an excellent coaching culture affects business performance in the sports and fitness industry
- How to grow a fitness business
- What motivated Martin to write his book, Coach to Coach
- Martin’s advice to new coaches and trainers
Connect with Martin:
- Training for Warriors
- Coaching Greatness
- Into the Roar Podcast
- Martin Rooney on Instagram
- Martin Rooney on Facebook
- Martin Rooney on YouTube
- Martin Rooney on LinkedIn
- Email: [email protected]
Stop the Frustration! Get the Complete Coach Certification
Are you a young fitness trainer or coach? Are you frustrated by the results you’re getting or the lack of resources available to learn the skills you need to be successful? Are you struggling to get enough clients or wondering how long you’ll be able to follow your passion for helping others?
It’s time to stop the frustration and stop worrying. It’s time to get certified!
If you’re serious about improving your results, serious about becoming a better coach, and serious about increasing your bottom line, then you need the Complete Coach Certification.
In this massive course, you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results
- The exact progressions, regressions, and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between
- And much, much more
This certification course is jam-packed with everything I’ve learned over the last 20 years of my career.
So if you’re ready to get serious about the results you’re getting for your clients and the impact your programs have on your income, head over to www.completecoachcertification.com to sign up for the Complete Coach Certification course today!
Spots are limited, and the next certification is set to launch in March 2020.
Join my FREE Insiders List to learn more, stay tuned for our launch details and save $200 when the course opens!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes. If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, and SoundCloud and leave your honest review.