The best rewards of working in the world of physical preparation and strength and conditioning aren’t always financial, but that doesn’t mean you can’t build monetary stability while doing what you love as a strength coach.
Ron McKeefery, Assistant Athletics Director for Fresno State University, exemplifies how that’s possible. In fact, Ron—who is recognized internationally as a leader in sports development—is on his way to becoming the “million-dollar” strength coach.
Twice named as the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Year, Ron authored the Amazon best-seller, CEO Strength Coach, to help other strength and conditioning coaches become successful entrepreneurs in their careers.
Ron joins me to discuss how young strength and conditioning coaches can set themselves up for success.
He explains why becoming a great strength coach means becoming a great technician, manager, and entrepreneur.
He highlights the role of community and culture and describes how he strove to cultivate them at Fresno State at the height of COVID-19.
Ron also underscores the difference between being “credentialed” and being “qualified” and explains how delivering value is key to setting yourself apart in strength and conditioning.
In the coaching world, you have to create some form of stability through multiple sources of revenue, develop skill sets, and cultivate a community to be able to pivot quickly. – Ron McKeefery
This week on the Physical Preparation Podcast:
- Opening a gym in the middle of the worst recession and how the world of physical preparation can toughen you up
- Ron’s background and what led him back to the world of collegiate strength and conditioning
- Challenges Ron faced during the onset of COVID-19 and how he evolved through it to maintain operations at Fresno State
- The difficulty of remote training and how Ron adapted his athletes at Fresno State to the new normal
- The power of building a community of athletes and sports professionals amidst a challenging time
- The characteristics that make a CEO strength coach
- The difference between knowledge and experience and how strength coaches can make their resumes stand out
- The different types of leaders and why it can be hard to find good coaching assistants
- Ron’s advice for new coaches who want to be successful working in collegiate athletics
- The power of habits and why coaches should try to create content every day
- What it takes to become a “million-dollar” CEO strength coach
Connect with Ron McKeefery:
- Ron McKeefery Website
- Book: CEO Strength Coach
- Book: Weight Room Wisdom
- Ron McKeefery on LinkedIn
- Ron McKeefery on Instagram
- Ron McKeefery on Facebook
- Ron McKeefery on Twitter
- Ron McKeefery on YouTube
- Email: [email protected]
Stop the Frustration! Get the Complete Coach Certification
Are you a young fitness trainer or coach?
Are you frustrated by the results you’re getting or the lack of resources available to learn the skills you need to be successful?
Are you struggling to get enough clients or wondering how long you’ll be able to follow your passion for helping others?
It’s time to stop the frustration and stop worrying. It’s time to get certified!
If you’re serious about improving your results, serious about becoming a better coach, and serious about increasing your bottom line, then you need the Complete Coach Certification.
In this amazing course, you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results
- The exact progressions, regressions, and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between
- The assessment process I use to determine the best exercises for a client or athlete on Day 1, and how to set them up for maximal success down the line!
This massive certification course is jam-packed with everything I’ve learned over the last 20 years of my career.
So if you’re ready to get serious about the results you’re getting for your clients and the impact your programs have on your income, head over to www.completecoachcertification.com to sign up for the Complete Coach Certification course today!
Spots are limited, and the next certification is set to launch in September 2021.
To learn more, please join my FREE Insiders List and stay tuned for our launch details to save $200 when the course opens!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast with Mike Robertson – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Podcasts and leave your honest review. I’d also love to connect via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit our website.
And last but not least, please don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media. Thank you!