Dan Noble is in his 10th year as the strength and conditioning coach and director of Physical Education at The Hill Academy. He is also the owner of Noble Sports and Performance.
In this show, Dan and I talk about how he got his early motivation via Hulk Hogan, his thoughts on the art of coaching, and why he’s had such great success by making his program look like a 1950’s gym class.
Plus, he has one of the most powerful stories you’ll ever hear about an athlete who has impacted his life. I wanted to try a new question with Dan, and needless to say, his story was incredibly moving and you have to hear the answer for yourself.
Here’s an overview of this week’s show:
- This week’s show is sponsored by The 2017 Physical Preparation Summit.
- MR’s Monologue: Creative Coaching.
- Dan’s intro, and how he got started in the world of physical preparation.
- His early mentors, and how they shaped his line of thinking.
- The philosophy he subscribes to when coaching his young athletes.
- The Art of Coaching: What is it, and why is he so passionate about it?
- Real talk – how do you blend the art and science of coaching?
- Some thoughts on motivation. Do high-achievers need it? And how do you light a fire under the kids that need some external motivation?
- The athlete who has most impacted his life, and why (this is a MUST LISTEN!)
- The BIG Question
- The always entertaining lightning round, where we discuss his obsession with “2 Claps,” the books he’s reading right now, how he explains the “movements over muscles” concepts to his athletes, and what’s up next for Dan Noble.
Connect with Dan
- MR Radio Show
- And you can thank me for the video below!