As trainers and coaches, we love to get caught up in the X’s and O’s of training.
What exercise is best?
What set-rep scheme should I be using?
But at the end of the day, arguably the most important aspect of coaching is forging strong relationships and bonds with your clients, athletes, and patients.
In this episode, Bill and I take a dive into the topic of client rapport, including:
- The 3 steps Bill uses to develop rapport in this first visit.
- What he does when he’s dealing with a chronic pain patient, or someone who really has their guard up.
- The importance of finding their key areas of interest outside of the gym.
- How I show investment in a client or athlete before they ever walk into the gym.
- Why it can be tough to build rapport early-on with elite or professional athletes.
And much, much more!
Regardless of whether you’ve been coaching for 1 year or 20, the principles and tools we talk about in this show are truly timeless.