Lee Taft is a speaker, consultant and coach for people across the globe who want to get faster. Whether it’s working with high-level athletes, or taking a staff and helping them take their speed game to the next level, Lee is a guy that can help you get there in record time.
In this show, Lee and I talk about the new training elements he’s added into his programs, why he’s such a big proponent of using bands in speed development, and then we go on a deep dive to look at the mistakes coaches make when training speed development with athletes.
Whether you’re talking linear speed, deceleration, change of direction or anything in between, this show is chock full of great information.
Here’s an overview of what we covered in this week’s show:
- Show Intro:
- Complete Coach Certification
- Seattle Trip
- NBA players are off
- Project World Domination at IFAST
- Kiddo sportsing
- Random Musing:
- Aspire to Be Great
- Interview with Lee Taft:
- How Lee got started in the world of physical preparation.
- Why spatial awareness is a big deal, and how he incorporates it into his programs.
- Lee’s 180 series, and why it’s become a big part of his training.
- Why he’s such a big proponent of band training, and how he uses it in his programs.
- Our deep dive on coaching mistakes, where we cover these areas:
- Linear acceleration,
- Linear change of direction,
- Lateral acceleration, and
- Change of direction.
- The ONE piece of advice Lee would like to give every young coach who wants to get better at coaching speed.
- An awesome lightning round where we talk about his in-services and workshops, what he wishes team sports coaches knew about speed training, and what’s next for Lee Taft.
- Lee Taft.com
- Lee on Social
- Other Physical Prep Podcast episodes with Lee
The Best Protein on the Market Today?
For many years, I simply disregarded the age-old advice of getting liquid protein in either during or after workouts.
Part of this was due to the fact that most had so much crap in them I didn’t want to put them in my body, and others might have been high-quality but tasted absolutely disgusting.
However, if you’re looking for a protein that’s not only high-quality but also tastes amazing, you need to check out Momentous.
I’ve been using Momentous for several months now, and I can tell you it’s hands-down the best tasting protein I’ve ever had. But it’s not just me – I have numerous elite athletes who are very picky with their protein powders, and every one of them raves about how great Momentous protein shakes taste.
And while the taste is amazing, the best part about Momentous is that they’re incredibly transparent with what goes into their product. You never have to worry about a tainted or dirty supplement, as all of their products are NSF and Informed Sport certified.
If you’d like to try Momentous out for yourself, here’s how to do it:
- Head over to LiveMomentous.com/Robertson
- If you want to try a sample, use the code RobertsonSample
- When you’re order to order, use the code Robertson20 to save 20% off your first order!
Regardless of which option you choose, I guarantee once you try Momentous protein shakes, you’ll never go back to anything else!
Sharing is Caring!
If you took something away from this show, please take 30 seconds out of your day to share via email, social or whatever means work best for you.
Thanks so much for your support!