Andy McCloy is one of the most authentic and real people I know.
In high school, Andy found his passion for athleticism and fitness. He cultivated and followed this passion and, at 18 years old, started his own business, and later found his calling in mentoring young athletes.
As the owner of BCI Sports Performance & Fitness, Andy and his company work with clients from high school and collegiate players to professional athletes and the general population, helping them reach higher levels of athleticism and performance.
Andy joins me today to share the experiences and lessons he learned about training, running a fitness business, and life over the years.
He reveals his fitness and training inspirations when he was in high school and explains how he got into the business of fitness and strength training.
He illustrates the challenges of running a fitness company – including his struggles with financial management and hiring employees – and the lessons he learned from them.
And he wraps up by talking about how mentoring and coaching young athletes changed his life and the work he puts in to maintain a thriving marriage with his wife.
Working with young athletes has an opportunity for mentorship. It would be difficult to sell a message if you’re not living the way you’re telling them to live. – Andy McCloy
This week on the Physical Preparation Podcast:
- How Andy got into fitness and strength training while he was in high school
- Andy’s training philosophy and how it’s evolved over the years
- The importance of cultivating the basics of strength training and not reinventing the wheel
- How Andy explains the nuances of his training program to parents
- Why Andy avoids training middle school clients with unilateral work
- The realities of running a business versus working a 9 to 5 job
- Why leading a team and running a business requires an introspective focus
- The biggest challenges Andy faced in running his fitness company and what he learned from them
- How Andy realized he wanted to coach young athletes
- Congruence and the importance of walking the talk when mentoring athletes
- What got Andy involved with meditation, his challenges with it, and the influence of the environment on one’s meditation practice
- Seeking a deeper connection and how Andy makes his marriage thrive
- Book: Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Connect with Andy:
Stop the Frustration! Get the Complete Coach Certification
Are you a young fitness trainer or coach?
Are you frustrated by the results you’re getting or the lack of resources available to learn the skills you need to be successful?
Are you struggling to get enough clients or wondering how long you’ll be able to follow your passion for helping others?
It’s time to stop the frustration and stop worrying. It’s time to get certified!
If you’re serious about improving your results, serious about becoming a better coach, and serious about increasing your bottom line, then you need the Complete Coach Certification.
In this massive course, you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results
- The exact progressions, regressions, and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between
- And much, much more
This massive certification course is jam-packed with everything I’ve learned over the last 20 years of my career.
So if you’re ready to get serious about the results you’re getting for your clients and the impact your programs have on your income, head over to www.completecoachcertification.com to sign up for the Complete Coach Certification course today!
Spots are limited. The next certification is set to launch in September 2020.
Join my FREE Insiders List to learn more, stay tuned for our launch details and save $200 when the course opens!
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Physical Preparation Podcast – your one-stop-shop for fitness trainers, coaches, and athletes.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Podcasts and leave your honest review. I’d also love to connect via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit our website.
And last but not least, please don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media. Thank you!