Dan Sanzo joined Northeastern University Sports Performance in fall 2013. He is the Associate Director of Sports Performance and Head of Strength and Conditioning. He is responsible for the strength and conditioning programs for women’s basketball and men’s and women’s soccer. In addition, he coordinates the transition of athletes from rehabilitation to full strength and conditioning participation.
In this show, Dan and I talk about the training adaptations we’re chasing in the gym, why movement quality is such a key component of what we do, and why psychology and mindset could be the most critical pieces of our puzzle.
Dan was awesome to interview, and I really think you’re going to enjoy this show.
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this week’s show:
- Shameless Plug: The 2018 Physical Preparation Summit
- MR Intro & Monologue
- Weekend recap
- How should you market your fitness business?
- LeAnne asks how to get people to keep training with her (i.e. improving retention)
- Interview with Dan
- How Dan got started in the world of physical preparation.
- What inspires him to continue the grind and work in the collegiate setting.
- Dental Integration: What it is, and how it’s impacted his thoughts on coaching and cuing athletes.
- His thoughts on training adaptations, and how much what we do in the gym really carries over to the field, court or pitch.
- Why psychology and mindset are such a critical piece of the training puzzle.
- Practical strategies on how he gets an athlete with the wrong mindset to shift gears.
- The BIG Question.
- A fun lightning round where we talk Tony Gentilcore, impactful books, and the hardest sport(s) to write programs for.
Connect with Dan
Other Podcasts to Check out: