Daniel Bove is currently serving as the Director of Performance for the Phoenix Suns. With the Suns, Daniel is tasked with managing the strength & conditioning and sports science departments.
Before coming to Phoenix, Daniel worked as a strength & conditioning coach and applied sports scientist for the Atlanta Hawks. With a diverse background in fine art, kinesiology, and data science, Daniel utilizes a diverse set of skills in the High Performance space
In this show, Daniel and I cover a ton of ground – from his big 3 of training and recovery, to what movement variability means to him with regards to basketball players, how the Suns are using their quadrant system to better manage load, and why WINNING makes everything in the NBA so much sweeter.
This is a really fun show, and one I truly hope you’ll enjoy.
Here’s an overview of what we covered in this week’s episode:
- Show Intro:
- Weekend Recap
- MR’s Deep Thought:
- Run YOUR Race
- Interview with Daniel:
- How a fine arts major ended up working in the NBA.
- Daniel’s big rocks when it comes to training and developing basketball players.
- How his process and programming evolve over the course of the competitive season (off-season, pre-season, in-season, etc.)
- What movement variability means to him when it comes to training basketball players.
- The logistics of the NBA off-season, and how he keeps tabs on athletes that don’t stay on site to train.
- The big changes he makes when he shifts from off-season to pre-season training.
- The 4-Quadrant system they’re using with the Suns to consolidate workload.
- The BIG Question.
- A fun lightning round where we talk about building a new team/staff, the resources that have made him a better coach, his favorite part of the NBA season, and what’s next for Daniel Bove.
Connect with Daniel
Do You Want to Become a Complete Coach?
It seems like every day I talk to a young trainer or coach who is frustrated.
Frustrated with the results they’re getting.
Frustrated because they don’t have trusted resources to learn from.
And maybe they’re frustrated because they simply don’t have enough clients, and wonder how long they’ll be able to stay in the industry.
So if this sounds anything like you, I’ve got something that I know will help!
My Complete Coach Certification was created for trainers and coaches just like you – who are serious about the results they get, and know that becoming a better coach can directly translate to a bigger bottom line.
This certification is going to take the last 20 years of my life’s work and put it all into one massive course. In it you’ll learn:
- How to use the R7 system to create seamless, integrated and efficient programs for clients and athletes of all shapes and sizes,
- How to create the culture, environment and relationships with everyone you train so you can get the absolute best results, and
- The exact progressions, regressions and coaching cues I use in the gym – from squatting and deadlifting to pressing and pulling and everything in between.
Of course there’s a ton more that I cover, but that should give you a pretty good idea of what the certification is all about!
Now here’s the thing – spots for the certification will open twice per year for a limited time only. If you’re interested in learning more, my next certification will launch in September, and if you join my FREE Insiders List, you’ll be able to save $200 when it opens!
If you’re interested in learning more, please head over to CompleteCoachCertification.com to get on the Insider’s List. Thank you!
Sharing is Caring!
If you took something away from this show, please take 30 seconds out of your day to share via email, social or whatever means work best for you.
Thanks so much for your support!