Mike Coval is a gym owner in Ann Arbor Michigan, and a guy who is doing some amazing work with his young basketball players. He’s also a former IFAST intern, and I couldn’t be more excited to have him on the show.
In this episode Mike and I are going to go in-depth into his training. We cover everything from his assessment process, to his training programs, and even specifics with how he conditions his guys.
I’m telling you – Mike absolutely crushes this interview and I think you’re going to love it.
Let’s do this!
Here’s a brief overview of what we covered in this show:
- What originally got Mike into the world of physical preparation.
- An overview of his gym, and the types of athletes he’s working with.
- Why Mike is so passionate about the sport of basketball, and what it’s meant in his life.
- His elevator pitch to parents who are interested in sending their kids to train with him.
- What a standard training session looks like, and what he’s putting emphasis on to get his athletes healthy, strong and efficient.
- His thoughts on vertical jump training, and the first thing he’s doing to improve an athelte’s vertical jump.
- His thoughts on speed and agility work for basketball, and what he’s doing training-wise to help his athletes become faster and more explosive.
- What Mike is doing year-round to build better conditioning for his basketball players.
- The BIG Question!
- A really fun lightening round where we talk training music, books, his favorite basketball player, and one piece of advice he’d give to aspiring basketball strength coaches.